Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 22:26:51 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Letter to DOJ: Part II

California state attorney's web page which I easily found thru Yahoo:

http://caag.state.ca.us/

DOJ's Anti Trust Division contact web page:

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/index.html

For your review:

Your Honor,

The purpose of this letter is to ask you to block the Microsoft's Win98
release until it is clear that its monopolistic practice ceases.

I believe that one the tightest strong-holds that Microsoft has on
the PC industry is the way that Windows is bundled with virtually
every PC now sold. This serves as a way to block any other competing
operating system and sets the stage for application dominance by
Microsoft.

Enclosed is Ralph Nader's letter which was submitted to major
PC manufacturers . Naturally, there was no response from the PC
manufacturers. Clearly, PC manufacturers need to have re-assurance
that if they start distributing alternative operating systems that
no retribution from Microsoft would be forthcoming.

To not act in this matter will clearly stiffle the creative
process in the software industry from which Microsoft itself
rose from.

	Sincereley Yours,
	<your signature>

<enclosed Ralph Nader's letter>