Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:05:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Momma Bear Trish <trish@listmistress.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Talking to a Linux User Group

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Dan Langille wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2002 at 1:06, I wrote:
>
> > It's over. I survived.  Several (I guess 5-7) came to me after the talk
> > and thanked me. One said he was glad to see some of the myths about BSD
> > dispelled.  After the talk, all 45 CDs I had were gone.
>
> See what the LUG thought of the talk:
>
> http://www.oclug.on.ca/archives/oclug/2002-January/014172.html

I loved the reference to the "Story of O." (which is why I posted from
this address, rather than trish@bsdunix.net *laugh*)

Good job Dan! It seems very similar to an impromptu presentation I did at
LXNY in New York several years ago, I got roped into it when they found
out I was there *laugh*. I wish I could have been more organized, but I
kept the religion to a minimum and the technical merits to a maximum, and
discussed the same type of thing, the right tool, and my favorite thing is
that I have a toolbox, and in that toolbox I have many tools, I would
never use a ball-peen hammer when I need to pull a nail, I'd use a claw
hammer :)

Again, good work!!

-Trish

--
Momma Bear Trish				trish@listmistress.org
Ecartis Core Team				http://www.ecartis.org

            "Love well, whip well" - Benjamin Franklin
     "$solution = undef() until $solution != /coersion/;" -Antigen