Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 1996 00:38:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@nike.efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ok...  my real problem...

sorry to waste the bandwidth with the previous two messages.. but maybe
someone can help me with my problem....  I'm using an INTERNALSTATICLIB to
have some routines for private use...  I link this lib static so I don't
have to install it...

now the problem is that even though the proper object files are listed
first in the .a file.. when ld links it with the rest of the program it
doesn't see the .a's reference to it's self.. I even tried to add the lib
twice but still no go...

I'm running 960803-snap.. and yes I know it's out of date but if anyone
has a quick fix (besides upgrading) I'm listening... and thanks for all
the help....

btw...  I've submitted a patch to fix a problem with INTERNALSTATICLIB
that installs when it shouldn't... ttyul..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)