Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:39:31 -0600
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce.albrecht@seag.fingerhut.com>
To:        Team FreeBSD RC5-64 Effort <team-freebsd@circle.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Team FreeBSD rank in Bovine RC5-64 effort

Team FreeBSD RC5-64 Effort writes:
 > FYI,
 > So, stats are updated now and we just broke the #46 ranking overall!
 >
 > From everyone else's statistics, it looks like we will painlessly be
 > able to get up to about #39, but beyond that will require a fairly
 > significant increase in # of clients.

If present rates continue, Team FreeBSD could be in the top 30 within
a week.  Currently at #46 with 105137 blocks, having done 13356 blocks
yesterday, here's how long, at current rates, it would take Team FreeBSD
to catch up with the other teams:

  1  never  Team EvangeLista (Macs Rule! :-)
  2  never  Team Win32 (Windows)
  3  never  Japan Linux Users Group
  4  never  Team Warped (OS/2)
  5  never  LinuxNET RC5
  6  never  The Amiga RC5 Team effort
  7  never  Czech RC5 Team
  8    473  rc5@ios.chalmers.se
  9    127  Team Macintosh
 10  never  The #koffie team
 11  never  Team K-net Denmark
 12     49  VG6 Posse (Team Chore Boy)
 13     70  Malaysia Boleh
 14    115  University of St Thomas Computer Science Club
 15     30  Oracle RC5-64/2000
 16     49  uni.de (German Universities)
 17     56  The Quake RC5 Cracking Effort
 18    103  Aachen University of Technology and Friends (Germany)
 19     11  Fightin' Irish
 20     31  Egham Hills
 21     53  team byxnet
 22     32  ZA - South Africa
 23     15  TeamHuge@sno.pp.se
 24      8  Bastard Operators from Hell
 25     11  Novell
 26     13  The Royal Veterinary & Agricultural University (Denmark)
 27     52  Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
 28     11  Big Red (Cornell University)
 29     25  Qualcomm
 30      6  Pugetsound RC5 Consortium
 31     19  Brown CS
 32      8  College of Arts & Science (Miami University)
 33      4  The Australian Dudes
 34      4  Team #LinuxWareZ
 35      5  RC5 Syndicate (Portuguese based)
 36      4  BT Labs
 37  never  Tigress Furry Team
 38      2  rc5@mit.edu
 39      2  Vanderbilt Cowmodores
 40      2  Texas A&M RC5 Cracking Team
 41      2  Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
 42      1  Hotline
 43      2  Tri-Cities RC5-64 Community Cracking Effort
 44      2  UVA RC5
 45      1  Team #Penguin