Date:      Sun, 07 Sep 1997 02:29:03 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        brian@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Don Croyle: make world failing at ppp install (again)

Sorry about this.

This was discussed quite a bit on the cvs-committers list - a closed
list for FreeBSD developers.  It was agreed fairly early that we
wouldn't cc any of the other lists as there is no point in shouting
about something that's essentially a security hole.

The ultimate decision (after the ``ppp'' group was committed) was
that we'd include ``sliplogin'', making the original group name a bit
inappropriate.

I'm also guilty of not subscribing to freebsd-stable (I'm now
rectifying this), so I'm afraid I didn't see the message below 'till
Jordan pointed it out.

If it's any consolation, it's not (to my knowledge) going to change
again.

Sorry for the inconvenience people.

> He has a valid point.  More notification of changes which raise
> bootstrapping issues would be appreciated by all, I'm sure. :)
>
> 					Jordan
[.....]

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>