Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:33:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: Demo CDs (was: blessing)

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> OK, so what do we need?  My thought is for two or three preinstalled
> versions:
>
> 1.  A CD-ROM-based version which will boot from CD-ROM, Microsoft or
>     floppy, create an MFS file system for things that really need to
>     write to "disk", and other than that run from CD-ROM.  Create the
>     / file system on the mfs and symlinks to just about everything
>     except /tmp, /var/tmp and /home to the CD-ROM.  With any luck, we
>     should be able to get away with 4 MB MFS.

	If the machine had a disk with a well supported DOS-ish fs on it,
then you could configure a vnode on to a large file and mount that as the
non-volitile filesytem.  Perhaps the fbsdboot.exe program could be
extended to support this.

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,