Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:58:42 +0100
From:      Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>, alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest binutils import breaks Alpha cross compiles

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 08:23:48AM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:10:11AM +0100, Jesper Skriver wrote:
> > > I am sure it probably is.  There is a lack of developers using -current
> > > on Alpha's that progress on i386, IA64, x86-64, and sparc64 cannot be
> > > held back.  I will fix the Alpha problems when I get a chance, but it may
> > > be a week.
> >
> > If it's a lack of available hardware, perhaps I can help,
>
> lack of time
>
> > I have one alpha (a alpha station 220, I think) currently running
>
> That box takes *way* too long to build world on.

I just got an other one today, a alpha server 800/500, I havn't got it
powered yet, but it looks like a 500 MHz cpu, 256 or 512 MB memory, 4 *
4 GB disks.

It's not a sprinter, but I believe it's not too slow either.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)