Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:16:45 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        jgrosch@FreeGate.net
Cc:        nsj@ncsu.edu, kpneal@pobox.com, jbryant@tfs.net, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: On Holy Wars, and a Plea for Peace [sorry Danny, wherever...]

In message <199704162108.OAA01827@jgrosch.hq.freegate.net> Josef Grosch writes:
: Yes, lets not hand out broken software but handing out copies of FreeBSD at
: universitys is a Good Thing(tm). UNIX owes, in part, its success to the fact
: that in the early day it was available for the asking. If I remember the
: license cost was $1,000. There are a number of universitys that are using
: FreeBSD to teach OS internal courses. The university of Virginia at
: Blacksburg is one, I think.

As part of my FreeBSD promotion activities, I've given away many
copies of FreeSBD that Walnut creek was kind enough to provide to
local indivduals and to the local university.

Warner