Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:05:51 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Stephane Legrand <Stephane.Legrand@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Branching www/ for XML development

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 11:50:52PM +0200, Stephane Legrand wrote:
> Would this new approach with XML/XSLT imply major syntax modifications
> in every www files ? As i'm participating in the french translation
> of these files, i'm a bit frightened by a such perspective because
> it would be necessary to modify every existing translation.

Yes and no :-)

There will be some translation work to be done in the new framework
(however we do it) because there will be static text in the 'templates'
that will need to be translated.

However, the content of each page will be the same, and can pretty much
be cut and pasted in to the new files.

In this context, the "content" is pretty much everything between the
"&header;" and "&footer;" lines.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--