Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:23:00 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        Dru <dlavigne6@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: training (was Resourceful BSD/Linux Network Administrator) (fwd)

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:31:50PM -0400, Dru wrote:

> As suggested, this thread is being moved to chat. All
> comments/suggestions/rants regarding a BSD training curriculum most
> appreciated. Please cc me in any replies...

Sorry, I missed this before posting back to -jobs. Apologies. My post to
-jobs can come here then:

Oh, this old chestnut. This has been bashed out before. There are a lot of
major issues here. My day job actually involves e-learning, accreditation,
etc. and I know more about pedagogical analysis and how it relates to
work-based continual professional development than I want to.

The fact that I just wrote that paragraph proves it.

Anyway, a wiki is better for modelling what people want and captures
requirements into something useable, I think.

I've started something at the link below, just with my initial thoughts,
please edit it, change it, add to it, see what we get out of the other side:

http://vagueware.com/Open_Training

and the discussion could happen here:

http://vagueware.com/Talk:Open_Training

Trust me, if this just goes on and on in a mailing list, nothing will
happen. It almost did a year or so ago, but failed. At least this way with
some work we can put together a real plan on how to make this happen, and
then we can go out and do it. Like one of the VagueWare.com slogans says,
with a lot of really hard work, one day it could become vaporware. :-)

--
Paul Robinson
http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/