Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 21:55:37 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        "Patrick S. Gardella" <patrick@green.wl.vg>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: crunchgen and ln

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Patrick S. Gardella wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 03:56:09PM -0800, Doug White wrote:
> > On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Patrick Gardella wrote:
> >
> > > For all you crunchgen experts out there:
> > >
> > > Is there any way to use the "ln" feature of crunchgen to do aliases?
> > > For instance:
> > > ln la ls -Al
> > > So that when the crunched binary saw "la" in argv[0] would run "ls -Al"?
> >
> > How about a shell script or a shell dotfile the defines the alias?  This
> > implies you're dropping to a shell so you have all the normal facilities.
>
> No, what I'm trying to do is figure out how to get sash to replace
> all the normal commands in PicoBSD. sash -cp = cp sash -mv = mv
>
> It'll take less room that way.

I thought the builtins are used also when sash can't find external
programs with that name, so if there is no /bin/cp on the floppy, it
will use internal cp. The -<name> form was only for cases when you
really want to invoke the builtin, though the external program by that
name exists in your PATH.

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------