Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 01:49:02 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.iafrica.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   MZ-Telnet ?

Hi.

I'm trying to get MZ-Telnet to work as a alternative to ssh (and sshd).
I got hold of SSL-MZtelnet-0.9.1.tar.gz., and have SSLeay-0.6.6 installed
from the ports.

Configure runs ok, but the make dies at :

gcc -c -g -O -I../../include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DLIBC_SCCS inet_addr.c
inet_addr.c:69: conflicting types for `inet_aton'
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:50: previous declaration of `inet_aton'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
40=[khetan@chain] ~/tmp/SSL-MZtelnet-0.9.1$

My limited knowledge of C tells me that the types are wrong. But, if
I look in arpa/inet.h, inet_aton is defined as a int, and so
is inet_aton in inet_addr.c

Anybody get this working ? I saw something in -questions about this
when I looked through the mail archives, from martin@uni-mainz.de to the
effect of :

"We have this problem everytime we try it on another plattform. Look
into lib/libbsd/inet_addr.c line 63. There is:

#if defined(linux) || defined(sgi) || defined(__NetBSD__) || defined(hpux)
int
#else
unsigned long
#endif
inet_aton(cp, addr)

add a preprocessor definition for FreeBSD and recompile (and send the
patch to me. It`ll be in the next version."

I'm afraid I don't know how to add a preprocessor definition for FreeBSD :-(
Any help appreciated!

---
Khetan Gajjar                               | khetan@os.org.za
www.freebsd.os.org.za/~khetan/              | khetan@iafrica.com
PGP : finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za | I run FreeBSD - www.za.freebsd.org
UUNet Internet Africa Support               | 0800-030-002 & help@iafrica.com

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat,
and wrong.
                -- H. L. Mencken