Date:      Sun, 04 Jun 2000 02:33:45 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ADVOCACY <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/Solaris

> I had a guy tonight tell me he's putting Solaris on his SMP x86 server
> because "it has far less exploits in the last 5 years than FreeBSD and
> that FreeBSD 'does not announce their security holes'"

I think this is a rather unsupportable statement and would be very
curious to know where this guy gets his statistics from.  Remember, as
the guy making such broad claims, it's up to him to cite his sources
and support his assertions, not the other way around.  Being required
to accept such statements without supporting evidence makes you
equally susceptible to claims that Elvis wrote 73% of the kernel while
"channeling" through several members of the CSRG and it's up to you to
prove otherwise if you want to dispute the point. :-)

- Jordan