Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:25:24 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        sobomax@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, asami@clickarray.com
Subject:   Re: bugbuddy build failure

On 2001.09.14 21:04 Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:53:28 -0700, John Merryweather Cooper wrote:
> >
> > On 2001.09.14 18:31 Satoshi Asami wrote:
> > > This is probably a transient failure, let's hope it will build in the
> > > second phase..
> > >
> > >   http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/errorlogs/e.4.2001091310/bugbuddy-2.0.8.log
> > >
> > > Satoshi

> > > with "unsubscribe freebsd-ports" in the body of the message
> > >

> > Adding a
> >
> > LIB_DEPENDS=oaf.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/oaf
> >
> > would probably prevent this.
>
> Umm, no, bugbuddy already receives oaf dependency through USE_GNOME knob.
> From
> what I saw in the log I can tell that to me it looks like there is some
> more
> fundamental problem with bento itself, because it tries to build bugbuddy
> even though one of the packages it depends upon is missed (see piece of
> log
> below). I have no idea why it may be happening, though.
>
> -Maxim

True, oaf should get included as a dependency as a result of
gnomecontrolcenter->gnomevfs->
gconf->oaf indirection.  But I think there maybe some subtle "timing"
differences in order
of build because these dependencies are arrived at indirectly.

It might be interesting to see the actual order of build that bento arrives
at for, say,
the gnome meta-port.  Might be revealing . . .

--
jmc

MacroHard -- the perfection of form over
             substance, marketing over
             performance, and greed over
             design . . .