Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 16:47:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Gary Clark II <gclarkii@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing the Handbook

On Tue, 7 Nov 1995, Gary Clark II wrote:

> Hello
>
> I do not understand what Julian S. was trying to say.:(
> I was offering to donate a percentage of my profits as a way of saying
> thankyou to one and all for the great OS.  I was not saying that I
> ``HAD'' to do so, someone please correct me if I wrong here.
>
> Here is the way I got what will be offered.  Combine the handbook and FAQ
> into one document, add my ``Tips & Tricks'', generate the latex document,
> go through and correct all the incorrect refs(I belive the html handling
> broke this, all I get are numbers and not titles.).  Correct any other
> errors I saw (These will donated back along with the Tip & Trick section
> if others want it).  Have 100 copies printed up and bind them in 3 ring
> binders.  Thats it.
>
> I'm in the final proofing now.  Deskjet 540s' are not the worlds fastest
> printers:)
>
> Gary
> P.S. Can someone explain what was said??

I think Julian meant well, but had to be wrong.  If AT&T can sell copies
of Unix clearly derived (in part) from BSD code, well, so can you.

I think he was thinking of the GNU type (It's FREE!) stuff, not the bsd
copyright.

> --
> Gary Clark II   (N5VMF)     |          FreeBSD support and service
> gclarkii@FreeBSD.ORG        |     mail info@gbdata.com for information
>                      FreeBSD FAQ at ftp.FreeBSD.ORG in
>                     ~pub/FreeBSD/docs/freebsd-faq.ascii

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

     Here's OJ's internet address in hex code:
           00 2F 2F 2F 2F 5C 7F 2D 0D 15 1B 19 24 24 24 18
           If you can't recall the translation, here it is:
           null character, slash, slash, slash, slash, backslash, rubout, dash,
           carriage return, negative acknowledgement, escape, end of media,
           dollar sign, dollar sign, dollar sign, cancel