Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 19:24:06 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        cvs-committers@freebsd.org, cvs-all@freebsd.org, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/contrib/tcsh - Imported sources

On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 03:13:13PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:

> The second issue was fairly unanimous: Don't change root's default
> shell's name (despite some pleas from one or two people to do so).
>
> The first issue was unclear.  People generally argued against this due
> to size, but said they'd be happy enough with a port of the older
> csh.  This was especially true amoung the embedded folks that posted.
> Given that this was about as clear a consensus as I think I've seen in
> a while on an emotional issue

Agreed.  This is my read of the consensus and thus my actions..
A port of the 4.4BSD Csh was commited, and tcsh was imported.  The
embeded people agreed the port would be suffient (note that the port's
distfiles includes the RCS files so there isn't even CVS history
lossage).

--
-- David    (obrien@FreeBSD.org)