Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2019 17:57:52 -0800
From:      Mehma Sarja <mehmasarja@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting and Installing Release 12 on PowerMac G5 "Quad Core"

> On Jan 27, 2019, at 4:05 PM, Curtis Hamilton <clhamilto@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Is there a recommended solution to booting/installing Release 12 on the Po=
werMac G5 "Quad Core"?
>=20
> I've read through all the threads in this mailing list, but have yet to fi=
nd a solution that works on my Mac.  Many of the referenced snapshot kernels=
 could not be located.  Building from source yielded the same results as dow=
n loaded pre-built images.

I have an iMac g5 with FreeBSD r12. I recall just a plain install off dvd. I=
 did/do have problems recognizing the new SSD Sata 3 interface. Found an old=
 Sata 2 SSD which works but I think the hardware would be happier with a Sat=
a 1 drive.=20

Let me know what you need and I=E2=80=99ll try to help.

Mehma=