Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 2002 18:33:10 -0800
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mergemaster editor problem

I finally taught myself how to use sdiff, so I don't have to manually
merge config files when updating to the latest sources.

But when I tried to use it from Mergemaster to do the following
function:

    "e b:    edit then use the left and right versions concatenated"

I get:

    "%ex/vi: Vi's standard input and output must be a terminal
    sdiff: Subsidiary editor failed"

This is on the console, running in single-user and syscons is set to
132x43 text mode.  /usr is mounted.  vi works fine by itself.
Mergemaster was invoked thusly:

    mergemaster -v -C -w 132 2>&1 |tee -a <logfile>

TIA,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig