Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 1999 18:16:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        cgd@netbsd.org (Chris G. Demetriou)
Cc:        Michael Kennett <mike@laurasia.com.au>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changes to binutils (--target=alpha-freebsd)

In message <87iu5rbkvv.fsf@redmail.netbsd.org> Chris G. Demetriou writes:
: I've definitely used (self-built) cross-tools on my NetBSD/i386 laptop
: to build e.g. NetBSD/alpha kernels in the past.  I seem to recall that
: i had to tweak one or two uses of strtoul() i think it was, but other
: than that it produced working results.

I've had problems in the past getting working Alpha binaries produced
from compilation on a i386 box.  I'd been told by several people this
was due to the lack of support of producing 64-bit targets on 32-bit
hosts in binutils...  Is that not true?

Warner