Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 1996 17:54:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hangs after apm0 probe, all versions of FreeBSD.

New install, AMI BIOS, P100, 16MB's.  2940, DEC de0 ethernet, cheapo
Cirrus video.  Quantum 1GB fireball

System boots fine, userconfig comes up.  I clear out all nonessential
devices (tried just skipping and continuing as well), and it hangs right
after the npx0 probe (the apm0 probe is disabled).

Nothing seems to make it want to go.  Any ideas?  I've checked
termination, and the box runs win95 just yippy skippy.

I've tried 2.2-ALPHA, 2.2-961014, and 2.1.6 boot diskettes.