Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:00:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rishi Sinha <rishisin@usc.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Forwarding directed broadcasts

Hi. I searched the archives of this and other lists, and haven't come up
with a definitive answer to this question. How does FreeBSD deal with
directed broadcast UDP packets that need to be forwarded? I'm trying to
get a 4.2-RELEASE router to forward UDP subnet-directed broadcasts (one of
the router's interfaces is on the destination subnet). It doesn't seem to
do it.

If this has been changing over versions, could someone tell me what the
present status is? If there is a sysctl or some other configuration
parameter to control this, could you let me know about that too?

Thanks,
Rishi.