Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2001 11:44:03 +1100
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        "D. W. Piper" <dwplists@loop.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ET/BWMGR Bandwidth Manager

"D. W. Piper" wrote:

> Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with ET/BWMGR Bandwidth
> Manager from Emerging Technologies Inc.?  Any comments or criticisms
> about the product to share?

Oh oh! Flame war time in isp list again... */me ducks for cover*

Out of all the people who have an opinion on the product none seem
to have a clear argument to support there views... It seems the
product works great and dose the job without problems, the only
valid case against using it that I have seen is people that claim
you can do everything it dose with the basic tools included in
FreeBSD...

This is probably the case for SOME peoples needs, but I doubt this
covers everything, and using this tool is probably much easier...

Since this is a common topic, if someone who has used the various
solutions extensively could write up a comparision/review Im sure
it would be greatly appreciated... Maybe Denise could put it on his
site...

I have yet to see anyone say the thing doesnt do its job, so the
only thing you really need to work out is, can you do the job
without it and save your self some money? Or would you rather
spend the money and save your self some time?

There is a fully working demo on Denise's site, and Im sure he would
be more than happy to tell you all about it!

Good luck! And dont anyone DARE start the Denise vs The World flame
war again!!! :)