Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:04:21 -0400
From:      JT <luser@ahab.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: is 'suspend' broken in CURRENT?

I've got a Z505LS running RELENG_4 from May 31st that has no such problem.

It doesn't suspend to disk, but when I made the machine I didn't know that (as
far as I know) you need to use PHDISK.EXE while the 4th partition (in order,
not necessarily in location) is of type a0 or a1 (160 or 161 decimal). I've
gotten this to work on other laptops, but I dunno about z505ls.  Either way,
it's probably a HOWTO *cough* *ahem* (excuse me) handbook or FAQ entry
someday.

On the other hand, pccard only works if the card is inserted on boot or after
a suspend. I don't understand why this would be, but there it is. It used to
be (circa January 2001) this way only for the CD-ROM, but now it's that way
for everything. Which is, ironically, a sign that the pccard code is
probably improving.

I am assuming you've read the archives for pccard-related adjustments.  No
polling (pick an IRQ), modififed memory base vs GENERIC, e.g.:

device          pcic0   at isa? irq 10 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd4000

I'm too dumb to get the relationship between these things (pccardd
funkiness/polling/iomem/suspend/resume), meaning I'm a hardware dumbass.