Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:42:04 -0700
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jeremiah@sherline.com>
To:        "Johnson David" <djohnson@acuson.com>, "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Mark Filipak" <filipak@earthlink.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why would one switch to FreeBSD (was: Mark asks: Easy way to copy CD-ROM > MS-floppy?)

> I've found that the FreeBSD man pages are the most complete and well
written
> of any Unix or unix-like system I've yet encountered.

Agreed.  Kudos to the documentation team and everyone who participates.

I sat at lunch with a group of people who I believe were part of the
documentation effort at BSDCon this year, and one of the things they were
discussing was how easy it can be to contribute to the FreeBSD
documentation, and yet how overlooked the documentation is by most people.

If you are someone who cannot code, has some extra time on their hands, and
has always been looking for a way to contribute to FreeBSD, consider
documentation.  Manpages, handbook additions, articles, reviews, etc.  All
of these things are part of what makes it FreeBSD function, and what brings
new users into the FreeBSD community.