Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 03:46:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bzdik BSD <bzdik@yahoo.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Acknowledgement by Jobs

--- Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be> wrote:

> 	Moreover, since modern beer was invented/discovered by a Belgian
> monk, I can safely say that it is not spelled "bear".  At least, I
> have to assume that you meant a fermented alcoholic beverage, as
> opposed to a large member of the Ursine family of mostly vegetarian
> quadrupeds.

the ones that love salmon ...you could call this a vegetarian pastime
:)
I was trying to give our gentleman-profiler a few more hints, don't
spoil the process<g> as for beer invention, talk to monks from {Monken
on Isar}Munchen :)you'll end up fighting
the best beer is made by friends of Joseph Schweik anyway...no matter
what you say... they also are the best hockey players...Belgian
chocolate is undisputedly superior to anything else {watch this line}in
its product cathegory.

Besides, why power of Unix on desktop? Haven't they failed this with
NeXT, the biggest flop of Jobz's? My neighbourhood restaurant has
already QNX installed, so does NASA...you still dreaming?

I spent 9 hours today doing my regular gigs in mac OS 8.6, and believe
me: I tried them all. For what I do, the *productivity* is still on a
Mac Classic desktop. Black Holes suck, so does Mac OSX dock. Big time.
As a toy, it's elegant enough and "ugly as Unix"  is still true, just
take a gander at Solaris desktop. But power to serve is here, no way of
denying it. like power to create for ten+ years without reading a
single manual is still in MacLand. No unixoid genius could come up with
this for the three decades. None. That simple. Not even the one who was
reading while[still] being potty trained. Unix on every desktop, is it
like chicken in every pot? just for the hack of it? dead end and waste
of time/money. by the time you'll come up with some usable draft, the
desktop abstraction will be irrelevant. While servers may still be
needed...and who's going to pay money for every stinkin app? you? you
can live with gnumatics, kblowers, etc.
Any pro designer working with GIMP? You giving me fits, Moysha... it's
like serving Internet app with MS DOS. Not yet.

AOL and Adobe, Global Village and Broderbund, Cassady & Green, etc.
They started as Apple shops. Where are they now, in NeXT land? How
about Power Computing? That was very opensourcy of Apple to cut its own
branches...
'Uhu' said the vegetarian bear tearing two fishies at once and sipping
Pilsner with carbonated caviar while Apple/BSD folk is still
experimenting with acid. I will buy into this pipe dream, if you
succeed first thing tomorrow. Yet today I have to store my files on
FreeBSD, while making my living on Macs. For tomorrow's gig I have
(among others) to reconstruct a Vietnamese doc that another believer
ruined after trying to save it from Quark straight into pdf in 7
billion Windows 2000 Professional environment. Still doesn't do
PostScript properly after all those years. Talk about real assignments
and real deadlines set by someone who doesn't need to know about all
joys of manipulating millions of Schmitt triggers inside that boxy.
my point: in production environment focus on what you do best, if you
have luxury to chose. As a businessman, Jobs is a loser, not a comeback
kid. And the last quarter earnings filings are rifle with creative
acounting , btw. After all Apple did to cloners, any talk about open
source "community" marching with Apple into 41 degree proof
StrawberryFieldLandia is an act of infantilesque intellectual
prostitution. are you guys that desperate? or you just stuck in your
MSFT passion? nothing new, but still stranno at times even after all
those years under the Moon.la vida.