Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 1996 21:13:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: COMDEX trip report..

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Since we couldn't even *see* the Linux booth staffers during
> the show, I'm afraid that all those rubber bands went to waste, though
> I did manage to bean one of them with a ballistically-thrown FreeBSD
> T-shirt. :-)

All those Rockwell Frizbee's floating around, and you never tried to clip
someone with them?  Admittedly, the roof wasn't high enough for something
really spectacular, but by their sheer abundance I'd expect to have seen a
few flying at COMDEX.

> I could also list the show's being in Las Vegas as a major strike
> against it, that city now being the adult version of Disneyland

Whereas the locals complain that the regular non-sex shows get shut down
during COMDEX, because COMDEX attendees tend not to go to anything else.
Suffice to say that neither side has a very uncolored view of the other
:-)