Date:      27 Jun 2002 11:27:38 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Security Mailling List <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wow (or, How Theo should have handled it)

Am Don, 2002-06-27 um 09.43 schrieb Theo de Raadt:

[...]
> Fact is, you ranting assholes are complete idiots.
[...]

I thought you did get some sleep by now and would have calmed down a
little (as I wished the rest of the list did, too).
Can't you get  your point through without insulting people? Don't get me
wrong, I read what you wrote and I get your point and I have no problem
with how things were handeld (since I only maintain a few boxes of
arguable value at my university) - but I also would have understood you
if you left away the insults and rants.

I am on this list for a few weeks now - if it is going on like that I
will pretty soon leave and try to get my information elsewhere. For me
this topic is through, every thing said now won't change what happend.
The way this was handled seems to be at least arguable - maybe a lesson
learned - maybe not, we will see. But all this ranting is not getting us
any further and it makes it really hard to filter SECURITY-related
information from the list.

This is just my opinion, if you don't like it - no problem, but I don't
care, so don't tell me. Thanks.

Jan