Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2003 18:28:16 +0000
From:      Luis Neves <lneves@netcabo.pt>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   I'm curious :-)

See here:
http://kerneltrap.org/node.php?id=603
http://slashdot.org/articles/03/03/08/162218.shtml?tid=104&tid=106

What is this "Interactivity" problem that Linus is complaining about?
I never experienced anything similar with my FreeBSD box :-)

Just for kicks I tried to listen to some mp3 , compile /sysutils/cdbakeoven,
burn a cd, watch the new Animatrix episode and drag around a xterm window
(Unfortunately I can't take a screenshot of me dragging the window):

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/lneves/mykde/fbsd_interactivity.png

Everything was smooth.
The next time I hear somebody saying that Linux is a better desktop platform
than FreeBSD I think I'm going to it him/her with a clue bat.

Best regards,
Luis Neves