Date:      Fri, 2 May 1997 18:05:34 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the bt848, more the programs that use DGA extensions

Steve Passe scribbled this message on May 2:
> Hi,
>
> > toe card probes fine... (any body object to me modifing the bt848 driver
> > so it isn't Linux like?) as you can see below...
>
> not being familiar with linux I'm not sure what this refers to...
> but being the one who wrote the probe code I'm curious what you propose
> to do...

well.. currently in non-verbose mode the driver outputs:
bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 17 int a irq 14 on pci0:9
STB TV/PCI, Temic NTSC tuner, dbx stereo.

or something very similar...  all I'm suggesting is adding `bktr0: ' to
the begining of the line...

basicly linux doesn't have that leader that BSD's do.. and it causes the
bootup messages to be very ugly...  ttyl..

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD