Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 15:33:43 -0600
From:      Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape and NIS

At 03:16 PM 1/17/97 -0500, Bill Paul wrote:
>Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Michael Smith
>had to walk into mine and say:
>
>> Bill Paul stands accused of saying:

>> > Tread carefully. Keep your head down. Don't talk to any strangers.
>> > Remember the Alamo.
>>
>> Three of four.  What's the Alamo? (note domain)
>
>The Alamo is where General George Armstrong Custer and his troops were
>slaughtered by indians. In other words, if you see a hail of arrows
>heading your way, move as fast as you can in the other direction. Custer
>didn't. Now he's a famous idiot.
>
>-Bill
>
>--
>=============================================================================
>-Bill Paul            (212) 854-6020 | System Manager, Master of Unix-Fu
>Work:         wpaul@ctr.columbia.edu | Center for Telecommunications Research
>Home:  wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu | Columbia University, New York City
>=============================================================================
> "It is not I who am crazy; it is I who am mad!" - Ren Hoek, "Space Madness"
>=============================================================================

W R O N G ! ! !    W R O N G ! ! !    W R O N G ! ! !    W R O N G ! ! !

Leave it to someone from New Yaahhhk to foul it up   :)

I believe the "geographically-challenged" Mr. Paul was referring to "The
Little Big Horn", the final battle site for General Custer. The real lesson
of the Little Big Horn is "Never Piss Off Indians When They Outnumber You
Ten To One", whereas the real lesson of the Alamo is "Never Piss Off
Texans, Even If You Outnumber Them Ten To One".

Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
AOS/VS, FreeBSD, DOS:
I'm caught in a maze of twisty little command interpreters, all different.