Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 23:37:06 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Andrew P Kaszubski Jnr <apk@dimpex.com.au>, "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: re Time incorrect.

At 10:42 PM 1/10/99 , Andrew P Kaszubski Jnr wrote:
>I am having a problem with a FreeBSD2.2.2 server which is reporting the time
>of emails 10 hours ahead of what it is supposed to be.
>It appears to only be a pop3 date problem since when the email is opened the
>time is correct.

POP3 servers don't change the contents of mail, except maybe to add a
Perhaps 1) the time is being reported in UTC time, which is perfectly OK
for email 2) your MUA "interprets" the time given in the email and
translates it to your local time zone.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com )
ICQ UIN: 692441 (  ludwigp@email.com  )