Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 19:32:53 -0400
From:      "Evan Champion" <evanc@synapse.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   make buildworld over NFS

It looks like the problems I have been having with make buildworld (mkdep
making garbage .depend files) were fixed by mounting /usr/src and /usr/obj
with nfsv2 instead of v3.  The only problem is that now
/usr/obj/usr/src/lib/libc gets full of .nfs* files, which causes make
buildworld to fail because the directory isn't empty...

I can't be the only person who is doing this...  I'm mounting with
rw,soft,bg,intr and now nfsv2 as well.  Is anyone else able to get make
buildworld to do "wierd stuff" when building over NFS (in my case, client
and server both 2.2.6-STABLE from April 4).

Evan