Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 1996 15:40:34 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Benjamin Tomhave <tomhavbe@martin.luther.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   listserv/upgrade Q's

Hi!

I have two questions.  I've looked on the archives in the past and I've
read the documentation in the past, but it is quite likely I missed
something which you can point me to, or tell me point-blank.

First, is there a listserver available (for free) that has been
successfully ported to FreeBSD?  Such as majordomo or something equally
functional.....if not, I will work on porting majordomo (which has been
ported for Linux) and then make the source available.

Second, I tried to upgrade from 2.1-RELEASE to the May SNAP release about
6 weeks ago and ended up having to totally reinstall the OS.  Now,
although there was nothing really lost, it was rather frustrating to have
to reinstall everything.  Is there a step-by-step guide to doing a SNAP
upgrade somewhere?  I'm not new to UN*X, but I am fairly new to FreeBSD.
Especially the idea of manually upgrading the system (versus an
autoinstall-type front-end).  This doesn't bother me, but it does
mean that I need a little more detailed instructions on what needs to be
done when upgrading the OS.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

-ben

    Benjamin Tomhave		|   Shell to DOS...Come in DOS...Do you Copy?
    Luther College		|
    Decorah, IA 52101		|   $ rm * .*    "Hey, where'd everything go?
    tomhavbe@martin.luther.edu  |