Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:37:44 -0800
From:      Robert Clark <res03db2@gte.net>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, Randell Jesup <rjesup@wgate.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, josb@cncdsl.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DJBDNS vs. BIND

Wes,
	Have you seen any intelligent discussion of
the whole concept of whether to keep config info
in flat files, or to use a bindery/database? (Something
I could go read up on.)

	I often wonder if a standardized api for
storing and retreiving config info would be a benefit
to *BSD.

	This whole subject seems like an unimaginably
big can o worms.

	Even the staunchest advocates of the bindery/
registry don't get it completely right. (as far as I've
seen anyway.)

	Thanks, [RC]