Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:22:17 +0200
From:      Steven Walker <swalk@anit.es>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 & things

Hi,

>> And for me, "explaining" a UNIX concept by referring to a Microsoft one
>> is quite the wrong way 'round.

I am sure that you are right.  This thread started when I was moaning about
the difficulties facing complete novices.  If you start explaining a Unix
concept in Unix terms I am liable to wonder what you are talking about.

>Sure, but I would never attempt to explain any unix concepts to you and
>this explanation was oriented towards the statistically most likely
>needs of the person I was addressing. I figured you'd cope,

I understood perfectly which achieved the object even if it was a heresy.

Steve