Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:49:34 -0600
From:      vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu (Kevin Van Maren)
To:        mike@smith.net.au, se@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  Multiple PCI busses and the 450NX chipset

It is finding the 82454NX PCI Expander Bridges.  Are there actually
any PCI cards in either of the other two busses (32-bit and 64-bit
PCI bus)?

I have seen this before, with the AMI BIOS, where the BIOS does not
configure PCI-PCI bridges if there is nothing on the other side
of the PCI bridge (or nothing but a PCI-PCI bridge, with nothing
on the other side of that).  This (empty PCI busses) would also
make sense, given that there are no interrupt mappings in the MP
table for the other PCI busses.

Can you plug in a couple extra cards (at least one in each of the
other two busses) and try it again?  If it still doesn't work,
I'll be glad to look at it, but my guess is that the multiple
host-PCI bridges are implemented similarly to the 450GX chipset,
and AGP in the 440BX, so it will "just work" once the BIOS
configures the bridges.

Kevin