Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 2014 18:43:31 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions !!!! <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Flash plugin ?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:32:26 -0500, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> I used to use/like Opera some years ago (on a 933 MHz P3, to date
> things), but it had a period when it was quite unstable, basically
> unusable, so I dumped it .... I would be perfectly willing to look at it
> again, you recommend ?

Definitely. At least the older versions. I have read about
new Opera development, primarily an exchange of the rendering
component (HTML engine) as well as usability reconsiderations.
I'm not sure if I would like the new Opera. I'm still using
the 11.50 version (with "Flash") which is stable, fast, and nice
to use. Especially mouse gestures and the excellent (!) keyboard
support is something that I find superior to Firefox or Chromium.
But my view definitely is not objective, because I'm using
Opera since version 5 happily and almost exclusively. So they
have been washing my brain for years. :-)

If you don't mind, just try Opera for reference, simply to check
if "Flash" works for you in that constellation.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany