Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:49:02 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@nebula.tbe.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] Multiple Bt848 cards in a PC.

Randall Hopper writes:
> David Kelly:
>  |If i can't get multiple sound channels out of one box, then I'll need up
>  |to 8 boxes.
>
> You could use multiple sound cards per system.  Some cards support this.
> Fxtv will let you specify which dsp and mixer device to control.

Ok, which cards? Its important that not only is each card selectable,
but all cards have to be able to be usable at the same time. There has
been some discussion that Sound Blaster sometimes can barely do full
duplex under the right conditions. So its not hard to believe two Sound
Blasters in one machine won't perform.

Only sound (voice) in/out is required, no synthesis.

One might guess a new PCI sound card would work. But it appears at least
some are emulating ISA on PCI, eliminating the advantages of PCI.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@nebula.tbe.com