Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2000 00:34:01 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mylex adapters with 2.x firmware and "couldn't map register  window"

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: stable@freebsd.org
Subject: Mylex adapters with 2.x firmware and "couldn't map register
 window"
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 00:34:01 -0700
From: Mike Smith <msmith@mass.osd.bsdi.com>

I've had a lot of requests for something to be done about this, and I've
finally gotten a few minutes to make it happen.

The fix for this has been committed to -stable, and there's a kit for
4.1-RELEASE users wanting to install on these adapters at
http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/mylex/mlx2_patchkit.tar.gz

Note that this has only been lightly tested; the changes don't affect
other adapters, but I don't have one of these adapters to test with
directly (all my v2.x adapters have memory windows).  I have two success
reports already though, and I'd like to hear a few more.

- --

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy