Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:20:49 -0800
From:      Jose Borquez <bsdlists@sbcglobal.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions group <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can't connect to local MySQL server

I am attempting to create a mysql database so that I can install Group
Office using
mysqladmin create groupoffice and I keep getting the following errors:

mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' exists!

I looked in /tmp and mysql.sock is not there.

Can someone please tell me what is wrong and what I need to do to
correct this?

Thank you in advance,
Jose