Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 96 16:47:21 EST
From:      eischen@vigrid.com (Daniel Eischen)
To:        jamie@inna.net, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, imp@village.org
Subject:   Re: COMDEX trip report..

> Definately.

Seconded.

> On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> > > Where should we do this?  I'd love to have a FreeBSD mips port (for
> > > things like DECstations, ARC BIOS MIPS PCs and SGI boxes), but think
> > > that such an effort could also benefit the Alpha users.
> >
> > Perhaps it's time to start a freebsd-alpha mailing list.  Any interest?
> >
> >                                       Jordan
>
> Jamie Bowden
>
> Network Administrator, TBI Ltd.

On a side note - anyone take a look at those Enorex Alpha systems?
The December C.S. had them advertised ranging from $2999 for a 366MHz
system with EIDE disk/CD-ROM, to $5600 for 500MHz system with 2940UW
and SCSI disk/CD-ROM.  All systems came complete with decent video
cards, monitors, modem or Ethernet, and NT 4.0.

These Alpha systems are coming pretty close in price to decent PC
systems...

Dan Eischen
eischen@pcnet.com