Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:50:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        nate@yogotech.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java 1.2.2 on FreeBSD/alpha

Nate Williams writes:
 > > [cross-posted, followups to freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org]
 > >
 > > Just a quick heads-up -- Compaq has released their Linux/alpha java
 > > 1.2.2 for public beta (it was formerly private).  It is possible to
 > > run this using the Linux ABI module on FreeBSD/alpha, both 4.2-STABLE
 > > and 5.0-CURRENT.  Note that it will not work on 4.2-RELEASE.
 >
 > And, because Drew won't beat his own drum here, the reason this works is
 > largely due to his work on the Linuxulator.
 >
 > Thanks Drew!!!

Thank David O'Brien too.  David did the bulk of integrating
my linux/alpha patches shortly before 4.2-RELEASE.  I was sick as a
dog with a stomach flu for a few critical days, and if it wasn't for
David, it probably still wouldn't be done..

Hmm.  And let's not forget Marcel, who did the MI split and then still
put up with is slapping ifdef __alpha__'s into his linulator ;)

Drew