Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:33:40 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au (Adrian Chadd)
Cc:        imp@village.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WhistleJets (was Re: Another Linux Religious war)

Adrian Chadd stands accused of saying:

> I know a lot of places are making up their own solutions, I know at least
> a major ISP in Perth is marketing the "Phoenix" server which does
> basically the same as the WhistleJet, but with Linux instead.

Heh, and we all know who they are, right?

I've been trying to talk Whistle into selling into the Australian
market; there are a lot of people in the 'right' places here who,
IMHO, would consider something like the WJ _exactly_ the right thing
to have.

In most particular, Telstra have pulled some interesting stuff that
means that a business could have a full-time 'net connection for $500
once-off and less then 20c/MB.  For an org with a network of Mac/PC
system (common), something like the WJ would just become the "Internet
machine" in conjunction with this.  I have been _itching_ to be able
to sell this to people; I haven't dared try to put together something
as complex single-handed though 8(