Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 19:01:00 +0200
From:      Lefteris Tsintjelis <lefty@ene.asda.gr>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
Cc:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>, JT32255@aol.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why Use a Daemon as a Symbol since it alienates many?

> which is a "sin" for human beings not married. The rabbit logo
> for the OS could by those be interpreted as the OS for sexmaniacs. :-)

Hell, that sounds like an excellent idea to me!!! I would definitely go
for it! :-) Probably FreeBSD will get sued by Playboy but what the heck.

As you see I am not taking this very seriously either. I didn't start
the subject and let me make something clear to some other posting I 've
seen about this subject, I sure don't believe any of this myself but
still........... all I am saying is that things such as that _SHOULD_ be
taken into consideration, for example an alternate logo would be nice
something that doesn't deal with cows or demons or things such as that
and ALL kind of people would like. Now, that would be a smart thing to
do. I have seen this subject brought up a few times and probably will be
again.

> Windows is used by the masses because good very promotion, various
> marketing tricks that have turned out very well, and it's easy to use
> for the average computer user. Also, bear in mind, that almost all
> computers that are sold carries Windows as a pre-installed OS. How can
> in not be big and used by everyone?

Exactly, because "its so damn easy to use for the average user"! That is
the popularity behind Windblows. Now give the people an alternate
solution as easy and as compatible to their work as Windblows and as
good and stable as FreeBSD claims to be, that is free, and Windblows is
gone by the wind! I am sure that would replace Windblows as a
pre-installed OS or at least will give you an alternative choice with a
pre-installed FreeBSD. Wouldn't that be nice?

Anyway, I think I have had enough of this subject. I saw a few other
postings on this subject, and someone said something about a beer so I
thing I am gonna take his advise and go grab a few wearing muh bunny
T-shirt with Beastie in the back!!! lol

Cheers...

Regards,
Lefteris