Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 08:01:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joseph A. Mallett" <jmallett@xMach.org>
To:        Bzdik BSD <bzdik@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Acknowledgement by Jobs

> AOL and Adobe, Global Village and Broderbund, Cassady & Green, etc.
> They started as Apple shops. Where are they now, in NeXT land? How
> about Power Computing? That was very opensourcy of Apple to cut its own
> branches...

I thought AOL started as text-mode in DOS? I also thought that Adobe has
very few ``original'' applications, and those that they do have supported
HPUX, Solaris, and IRIX for a _Long_ time (though they have trimmed the
amount of unix support as the workstation world moved to Windows [Windows
hasn't always dominated workstation markets as it does now]), and
applications like FrameMaker were perfect under NEXTSTEP. Hell, the demo
copy of FrameMaker (1.0 or 2.0???)beta I have with my NEXTSTEP 0.9 install
is relatively kickass.

--
[ Joseph Mallett            <jmallett@xMach.org> ] [ http://srcsys.org ]
[ xMach Core Team         xMach: Proactively Unbloated Microkernel BSD ]