Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 01:34:37 -0500
From:      "Ian Larsen" <drblast01@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with apache

I've got two FreeBSD boxes on my home network.  They are both assigned local
IP addresses through DHCP.

I've just installed Apache on both of them tonight, and I can access one
machine just fine using its local IP address. (192.168....)  The other, I
can telnet to port 80 on it using:

$ telnet localhost 80
Trying ::1..
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'

But if I try using its IP address, even the loopback, the connection is
refused:

$ telnet 127.0.0.1 80
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
telnet: unable to connect to remote host

I've set up the /etc/hosts file on each to reflect 127.0.0.1 as the domain
names for each computer.  I tried a bunch of things with the ServerName
directive before restoring the Apache defaults there when nothing worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much,
Ian Larsen