Date:      Mon, 26 May 2003 10:14:53 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Retail Boxed Products in the Handbook

Ceri Davies wrote:

>All,
>
>Please cast your eye over to Appendix A of the Handbook, and the section
>titled "Retail Boxed Products".  I'll wait.
>You'll see that we have Frys and CompUSA listed as retailers of boxed sets.
>Well CompUSA have told us that they don't stock these anymore; does anybody
>know if Frys still do, or is anyone in a position to call one and enquire?
>
>I'm thinking of removing this section altogether, and it's been suggested to
>me that I enlist your folks help in trying to whip up a list of retailers who
>really do stock FreeBSD boxed sets, to try and save the section.
>
>If there's no interest in doing this, then that's fine too.
>I propose to remove the section on June 15th, so you have until then.

I'll check some local stores today/tomorrow and let you know what I find
- I'll try to hit a Fry's, CompUSA, and BestBuy.  Another place opening
up soon near me is an "Ultimate Electronics" - if they don't carry it
(whenever they open), we should maybe make a few phone calls and see if
we can get it stocked.

Eric