Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:35:25 +0000 (UTC)
From:      omestre <omestre@freeshell.org>
To:        Steve Shorter <steve@nomad.tor.lets.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/54383: NFS root configuration without dynamic protocols: dhcp, bootp, etc ...

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Steve Shorter wrote:

 Hello!
 Well, when i did and post that patch, i have mentioned about "It's not a
good/normal diskless solution"... but "it's still a solution! :))
alternative solution...
 I have 6 (six) production diskless servers (4.7) and some ones (5.0) in
"tests". And
are working fine!
 But now, my diskless servers are booting from CDROM/RW (5MB) images. When
i want change the kernels, well... in 30 minutes this task is done.
 Thanks. (Just the fact of the freebsd hackers are "looking" my patch...
it is just great).
 Think, maybe other crazy guy want my solution. To many "Options", this is
what OpenSource is all about. At least to me. With six or seven lines in
the loader.conf file and a kernel+mypatch, you have a diskless server.
 Thanks again.

 Leal.