Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:29:20 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        committers@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: doc tree is FROZEN

On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 08:24:59AM -0700, John Polstra wrote:
> The doc tree is frozen until further notice.  Please don't make any
> commits there (unless your name is Nik Clayton).

Thanks to John, the major repo changes have now happened.  However,
it's now 11.30pm over here (i.e., in the UK) and I'm on the early shift
tomorrow.

So, as planned, the commits to bring the doc/ Makefiles back into shape
will be happening tomorrow evening (roughly 22 hours after this e-mail
was written).

In the meantime, the doc/ tree is still frozen.

Thanks for your patience.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>