Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:38:50 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        George Reid <greid@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [SUGGESTION] - A linuxdoc section

Also, some of these are not even relevant FreeBSD.

For example, I use the Practical PostgreSQL HOWTO all the time.  But
PostgreSQL is not part of FreeBSD.  It's not part of Linux, either,
it's just a program that runs on top of FreeBSD.  We cannot absorb the
support load of supporting every program that runs on FreeBSD.

A document on "Tweaking PostgreSQL for FreeBSD" would be relevant, and
we would want to absorb that or link to it.

Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
my FreeBSD column: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons

http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/